Sunday, January 7, 2007

Simple animation

Yesterday, I went looking for a particular animation but couldn't find it - the short bow with handpalms against each other that martial arts fighters greet their opponent with before chopping their heads off.

So, I took QAvimator and 15 minutes later had done my first animation. You can download it from here or ask me for a copy in-world.

I got frustrated trying to make a gesture out of it - the gesture editor seems to be broken, but well, most of Second Life is broken these days so what's new. Feeling more and more that we're living our Second Life on a garbage dump with the Linden just pouring in new users for the counter on their frontpage...

BTW: got a nice setup now: Flickr for pictures (no more L$10 per snapshot), Blogger for this blog, Gmail for mail, and Amazon S3 for storing various other files - the latter actually costs money but it is not much, it is reliable, and it is anonymous e.g. not linkeable to my real name (in case I'd want to hide that connection).

No comments:

About Me

A virtual character, a real person. Pictures here on Flickr